Although we cringe to think people don’t know the sport, we know it’s possible. With that here are the basics!
- It’s played on ice (like hockey) except you run and do not skate; with specialty shoes!
- It was founded in Canada WAY back in the 1800’s!!
- Object of the game? Get more points (goals!).
- It’s a team sport where each opposing team has a center, two forwards, two defense and a goalie on the ice during regular play.
- Players are required to wear:
- Broomball shoes
- Elbow pads
- Shin pads
- Players can optionally wear:
- Gloves (broomball specific, lacross or hockey are acceptable)
- Knee pads (if not built into your shin pads)
- Cage or visor for face protection
It’s ridiculously entertaining… and FUN!